The International Surfing Association (ISA), in cooperation with Olympic Solidarity will host an Athlete Training Camp (ATC) in Teahupo’o, Tahiti – the Olympic venue- in the lead up to the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
Given the unique nature of this venue, the ATC is an important athlete development initiative to provide accessibility and knowledge for under resourced/underexperienced athletes with limited opportunity to gain expertise at Teahupo’o.
This program is imperative to provide athletes and their NOC/NFs the opportunity to gain education, preparation, and training in order to safely compete and potentially qualify for Teahupo’o prior to the Olympic Games.
Topics will include the following:
- Safety considerations and materials
- Risk assessment
- Understanding the characteristics of Teahupo’o and the conditions that will beencountered
- Helmet use/safety
- Entry and exit from the wave/zones
- Swell direction
- Management of challenging conditions
- Video analysis from training sessions