ISA is hosting Classifier Training for new Para Surfing classifiers in 2023. Each eligible candidate will need to participate in four online theory training sessions (late March/early April) and one in-person practical training held during 2023 (see below schedule). Both the online theory training and the in-person practical training must be completed in 2023.
Deadline to register is March 29th
To be eligible, one must be an occupational therapist, physical therapist, or medical doctor; not be tied to a team or athlete as a personal trainer or therapist; speak English; and have a solid understanding of physical rehabilitation and surfing.
- Complete the free on-line IPC Academy training on classification: https://www.ipc-academy.org
- Email the following information to email@example.com
- completed IPC Academy training certificate.
- professional license and resume or CV.
- state which in-person training session will be attended.
- $300 USD classifier training registration fee paid via the following link: https://theisafoundation.org/product/para-surfing-classifier-training-payment/
- ISA Head of Para Surfing Classification will review each application and individually contact the trainee to confirm.
Classifier Training Schedule 2023