Cape Verde and Iran: http://isasurf.org/isa-continues-to-promote-global-growth-of-surfing-with-support-of-olympic-solidarity/
What programmes and development areas can Olympic Solidarity support?
- Technical Courses for Coaches
- Olympic Scholarships for Coaches
- Development of National Sports System
- Olympic Scholarship for Athletes – (Tokyo 2020)
- Team Support Grant (Only for NOCs)
- Continental Athlete Support Grant – (2019 Pan Am Games, Asian Games,)
Promotion of the Olympic Agenda 2020 Values:
- Sustainability in Sport
- Gender Equality and Diversity
- Sport for Social Development
- Olympic Education, Culture, and Heritage
- Sports Medicine and Protection of Clean Athletes
Learn More Here: https://www.olympic.org/olympic-solidarity
How can my National Federation benefit from Olympic Solidarity?
Olympic Solidarity funding is accessible for your National Federation (NF) via your National Olympic Committee (NOC) to support the key areas of sports development outlined above.
Olympic Solidarity projects are a collaboration between your NF and NOC with the oversight and guidance of the ISA. The ISA is available to provide guidance and support for Olympic Solidarity Projects and is ultimately responsible for approving the technical aspects of each project and issuing our support.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of Olympic Solidarity to further develop the sport of Surfing in your country by taking the following steps:
1. Obtain recognition from your National Olympic Committee (NOC) and build a strong working relationship with them.
In order to take advantage of the Olympic Solidarity programs, it is imperative that your National Federation is recognized by your NOC. Shortly after Surfing was added to the sports program in Tokyo 2020, the IOC has asked all NOCs to include the NFs of the five new sports as voting members of their NOCs. At the same time, it is important that your NF builds a strong working relationship with your NOC and that your project is in collaboration and alignment with your NOC’s strategy and values. This relationship is KEY.
2. Contact ISA Membership and Development Department with your ideas and plans.
The ISA is ready to support you in the development of your Olympic Solidarity Projects and applications in order to achieve the best possible impact and outcome form them. Ultimately, our role is to approve and support all technical aspects of the Olympic Solidarity Projects that are passed through the NOC so please share with us in advance your plans and aspirations so we can best assist you.
Below is a graphic about the general procedure for Olympic Solidarity applications and approvals: